Sunday, May 16, 2010

All Fair Hill, All The Time...

I somehow managed to put together a solid week of riding. For one reason or another I just haven't been able to put it together on the bike this year, but hopefully this is a start. For some reason almost all of my riding was at Fair Hill this week, not that that is a bad thing, but I do like some variety. Wednesday was a nice mellow ride with Rob and Kurtee, sometimes it is good to just ride and chat a little. Thursday was the opposite, with the exception of a little solo effort early it was a hammer fest, also a good ride. Todd led a pretty big group at a really fast pace. I was really enjoying things until my back started really hurting, I ended up bailing out after 2:30 hours.

Saturday we rode Fair Hill from Marc's place, Nikki and Kris came down from Philly, these girls rock, and not to mention pretty fast. About 2+ hours into this ride the legs were starting to hurt, the good news was the back was OK. I have to say Marc has a way of putting things together out there that just seem to flow. Another great ride.

Today was a change of pace, James and Stew came to my place and we rode over to WC/MR to meet Todd, DenS, and Brent. Todd kept things a bit more mellow but steady and we ended up with just over 3 hours of nice riding.

On the home front, we had ordered a replacement window for the basement a few weeks ago, I was going to put it in yesterday. The window was an odd size so it was custom made, the problem is it was custom made too big. At least it wasn't my fault. The window was returned and a new one has been ordered.

I also got my new weed eater. I decided to drop the coin and buy the best. Stihl is rated the best so that is what I went with. I went to Atlantic Tractor to get it, the store I went to had to get it sent over from another store. So Saturday after my ride and a trip to beer church I went to pick it up. Got home and went to start it up, then noticed a smudge and a couple of small cracks in the housing. Very superficial, but it is brand new and it wasn't cheap. So now I have to take it back and have them order another. It's a pain in the ass but I think it will be worth it.

Well it is time to fire up the grill and throw back some beers.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: