Sunday, May 09, 2010

There Goes My New Weed Eater...

Last week was a little strange for me. For the first time in a couple of months I didn't have to go to Granogue and do trail work or ride the course. So I got to get back to the local trails. Tuesday I rode over to White Clay/Middle Run for a nice 2.5 hour ride, legs actually felt pretty good. Wednesday Aaron was going to come down to ride WC/MR for the first time. I was meeting him, Marc, Jeb and DenS at Jeb's place. Unfortunately Aaron got stuck in traffic and ended up turning around, which really sucks because he missed a great ride. The trails were superb, and the legs felt pretty good for the second day in a row. While cruising through WC, we ran into Peaches, who happened to be out for a nice mellow ride. He cussed, bowed his head and jumped on the back of the group. I won't say this gave the old legs an extra little something, but...

French Creek was yesterday, but I didn't race. I had planned on it, but the experts didn't start until 3:00pm. That didn't work for me. So I got together with Steve for a mellow ride at Fair Hill. I wasn't feeling as spunky as I had, but it didn't matter. We had a nice ride and we were able to hold a conversation the whole time. Sometimes these can be the best rides.

I had planned to get out this morning, but when our Fridge died yesterday, I had to be home and wait between 9:00am and 1:00pm for the new one to be delivered. An expense we really didn't need at this time. especially with me needing a new weed eater. I did manage to get out this afternoon and try out my newly rebuilt White Brothers fork. The folks at Suspension Experts did a fantastic job on. I had thought this fork was dead and gone, then I read about these guys here and decided to give it a shot. They were great to work with and offer a super fast turn around time. If you have a fork that needs some love, or you just can't seem to get it tuned in, contact these guys. You will not be disappointed.

I am looking forward to Dirt Fest in a couple of weeks. A few of us are headed out to Raystown Lake for a weekend of Bikes and Beer. Boy, that has a nice ring to it...

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: