Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Knee...

 So a couple weeks ago after working on the Granogue course, Steve and I were heading out for a couple of laps. We started down my favorite trail, things were going well. We crossed the tracks and started to pick up speed. Next thing I know, my front tire is washing out on me and I went down. I managed to have my knee land right on a sharp rock.


at the medical aid unit
 

 Steve rode back to the car to get something to wrap it up with. He ended up at John's house, where his wife was very helpful. We made it to the medical aid unit near Brandywine Town Center. The doctor started to clean it up and decided it was too much for him so it was off to the hospital.

 I knew the ER was going to be a bit of a wait, so Steve had his wife pick him up and left my car there.

11 stitches

 The Dr. did a nice job and finally at 9:00 pm, 5 hours later, I was heading home. After a week, Rachael removed the stitches. Probably a day or 2 early, but they were starting to get grown over and tight.

 I managed to get in one lap at Granogue for the promoters team, and things seemed to be healing quickly.


 Then I slipped at work and managed to land on my knee. It opened up some, not to mention hurt like hell. Luckily I had it wrapped up and was able to get it to stop bleeding and start to close back up. When Rachael got home she patched me back up.

 It has now been just over 2 weeks ago and yesterday I went out for a short easy road ride. I kept thinking I was going to open it up again, but that didn't happen. So today I am going to try and ride again. Fingers crossed. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get my fitness back.

Cheers,
Buddy


No comments: