Thursday, December 12, 2013

On The Road To Recovery...

 Since I tore my ACL and medial meniscus I have been doing everything I can to make my knee strong going into surgery. It started off with some simple exercises and stretches, then progressed to riding.

 I started on the trainer, then the road bike and eventually I was able to ride my mountain bike. I got in 3 months of solid riding culminating in an awesome road ride led by Fatmarc. I was hoping for a mountain bike, but the weather had other ideas. So went with the Mr. Belvedere loop. I love that loop and I got to share that ride with some great people, Nick, Kurtee, Chris, Steve, and Shane. It was chilly and windy, and worth every pedal stroke.

  I had my surgery Tuesday and am now on the road to recovery.  Surgery went well, and I am looking forward to PT which starts Friday. Its going to be a long road, but I welcome it. I am anxious to get back on the bike and get back to climbing and hiking. In the mean time, I will follow Doctors orders.

 I will see you all out there soon.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: