Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Week 3 and 4...

 So, things have been moving along fine. Not quite as fast as earlier on, but forward none the less. I've pretty much worked out when to back off and when to push it.

 Having said that, I did wake up last Thursday in a bit of discomfort. My knee just felt like crap. I had PT that day, so when I told  my therapist, we decided on an easy day. I hadn't taken any easy days up until then because I just wanted to keep seeing progress, but I guess what they say is true. Some times you have to take a step back to take a bigger step forward. This seemed to work.

 Today was my Re-evaluation before my next doctor visit, which is Thursday. Everything is going better than expected. My quad strength is at about 85%, which is really good for 4 weeks post op. My range of motion is only a few degrees away from full. I still have a lot to work on, and a ways to go, but the progress thus far is encouraging. I just hope the doctor tells me I can lose the brace and start riding again soon, but I know I am a minimum of 2-3 weeks away from that.

 Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: