Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Back Ridin and Back to Work, But Still a Ways to Go

  I am A Free Man. Well, not really, but I no longer have to go to PT and the doctor released me and I am back to work. But most important is, I am back on the bike, even the mountain bike. I still have a lot of work to do to get back to 100%, but I am able to do most of the things I love. Still no climbing, that is another 6 weeks away, but I will get there.

 I finally got to take my new mountain bike our for a ride. So far so good. I have to say Carbon is sweet, I haven't had something that stiff since I was 18. Looking forward to plenty of multi park rides as soon as my fitness shows itself again.

  Lauri and I have also been making progress on our Mason Dixon Trail project. We had one horrible stretch, poorly marked and over grown, but we got through it. Our last section was my favorite so far. It took us from Havre de Grace to the Coniwingo dam, and most of it was trail through the Susquehanna State Park. We are now 78.5 miles into the 196 mile long trail. Our hikes will be harder to come by with me back to work,  but we will make it happen. It is all new territory from here so it should be fun.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: