Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Hope This Turns Out...

Well my first batch of home brew was done fermenting and ready to be bottled. I took the final gravity reading and things were looking good. Then I tasted a sample. All I can say is not what I expected. Now I realize the beer is not done yet, hell it still has 3-4 weeks in the bottle, but, something about it was off a bit. It kind of tasted like beer, but not really. I was upset, I called new guy Matt, who has done a bunch of home brewing and asked, what should I do. His suggestion was, to bottle half and hope for the best. I then went to The Home Brew forum, and found some comfort. It seems like I am not alone, and my best course of action is to wait and see..

So I bottled most of it and I have a couple of reasons for that. 1, I am not sure what to expect so I didn't want to waste all my bottles and time. 2, I could only fit so many bottles into the dishwasher to sanitize them. I know these are lame excuses, but it is what it is. Hope fully in 3 weeks time I will be enjoying my first home made beer. If not I will already have a second batch going.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: