Monday, April 05, 2010

Next Time Webber...

This past weekend was the MASS team relay. Always a fun way to kick off the season. Since I had a total lapse of reason and agreed to race on the Henry's small team this year, I wound up on a team. Actually I was excited about racing with Slik Rik, L Webb, and James. Henrys had another team as well, Ben, Barry, Biddle, and Michigan Matt. It was a nice turn out this year, plus the weather was damn near perfect. I won't get into details, but I will talk about my quest to make Lauri do that last lap.
Back in 2005 We had a 5 person team at 7 Springs 24 race. I needed to beat my best lap by 3 minutes, I came up 20 seconds short. Fast forward to Saturday. Once again I needed to do my fastest lap at the relay to make Lauri go out for one more. The best part was she was already in street clothes and ready to head home. Once again I came up just 20 seconds short. But at least I made her get ready for another lap.

All in all it was a great time. I was surprised that I got faster with each lap. Hopefully this will give my lack of fitness a much needed boost.
Fair Hill is this Sunday, I just hope I don't embarrass myself.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: